All new swimmers will be assessed prior to admittance onto the team. If the coaching staff determines your child is not able to be successful at this time due to a need for fundamental swimming lessons or due to age/strength, your registration will be refunded and you will be referred to a local swim lessons program for further development.
If your swimmer’s abilities assess so that they can meet the minimum requirements to begin participating, our coaches work to further develop your swimmer’s abilities, strength, and confidence.
The mission of the coaching staff is to enable the members of the Big Spring Aquatic Club to develop the physical skills and character values necessary to become successful athletes and citizens.
The primary training goal of BSAC is to produce swimmers and divers of all levels who are technically and conditionally sound athletes. The BSAC coaching staff share the overarching goals and philosophies, but each group’s coach is given autonomy in how he or she chooses to implement this philosophy.
The general goals of the coaching staff designed to realize this mission include, but are not limited to:
• Develop proper stroke mechanics at an early age.
• Teach and emphasize good sportsmanship.
• Increase self-esteem and motivation.
• Encourage hard work, goal setting, and goal achievement.
• Instill the values of dedication, self-discipline, commitment, and team loyalty.
• Encourage swimmers and divers to strive for excellence throughout their participation in our program and to provide a structured and challenging teaching and training environment for our swimmers and divers to reach their maximum potentials.